INSTRUCTIONS FOR WEAR FOR CHILDREN
It’s great that you would like to give a special gift to a child – every child is individual.
To guarantee the best fit, we recommend that children of 8 years and above wear our designs. Children under 3 should only wear the jewellery under adult supervision, as small parts could be swallowed.
To ensure that the recipient enjoys the gift for as long as possible, please note that, despite the use of high-quality silver and gold alloys, our jewellery items are not completely resistant to impacts, scratches and other damage that can occur when playing and crawling.
All our jewellery items are, of course, nickel-free.
Tips for storing and caring for familienbande jewellery
Items of familienbande jewellery are generally made from Sterling Silver.
To ensure you enjoy your precious and beautiful jewellery for as long as possible, you should follow a few basic rules:
- – Jewellery should preferably not be worn while swimming (in salt or chlorinated water) or during sports.
- – The jewellery should be taken off before going to bed and prior to showering.
- – Perfume and hairspray can remove the sheen and the brilliance of the jewellery. For this reason, it is advisable to use perfume, hairspray and other cosmetics before putting on the jewellery.
Soap, crème and make-up residues can be removed using an ultrasound device. The ultrasound device should not contain aggressive cleaning agents. For best results, use water and a neutral detergent.
For standard commercial silver dipping baths, only silver jewellery dipping baths must be used. In other words: no silver cutlery dipping baths and no gold jewellery dipping baths!
Immerse the jewellery for approx. 10 seconds and then rinse thoroughly under hot water and rub dry using a cloth or a hairdryer.
Blackened items of jewellery should not be cleaned using a silver dipping bath or polished with a silver cloth as these may remove the blackening.
Only the silver parts of leather, and nylon should be cleaned using a silver cloth.
Leather and nylon must not be placed in a silver dipping bath or cleaned in an ultrasound device.
Throughout the world diamonds are classified in accordance with the 4C principle (Carat, Cut, Clarity and Colour).
Carat: The carat weight is the weight of the stone. The size of the stones in our articles varies depending on the model. You can find the carat weight in the product details.
Cut: All familienbande diamonds are round brilliant cut.
Clarity: Most diamonds have tiny natural features, known as inclusions. Fewer and smaller inclusions permit light to penetrate the stone more easily. The clarity of our diamonds is SI.
Colour: Our white diamonds are colour G/H.
The diamonds in our collections have been purchased by us from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflicts. They are in compliance with the United Nations Resolutions and are subject to the Kimberley Process certification system (System of Warranties).
Jewellery storage and care tips
- – Store your item of jewellery separately in a fabric pouch or a jewellery case.
- Items of jewellery should not be worn while working in the house or garden or during sport, bathing or showering or while sleeping.
- – Perfume and hairspray can harm and negatively influence the brilliance of jewellery and the stones. Furthermore, certain substances can impact and damage the surface of pearls and stones.
- – Perfume, hairspray and other cosmetics should be applied before putting on your jewellery.
- – Clean your diamond jewellery once a month to prevent deposits of grease, soap and cosmetics.
- – Use a special detergent or a small amount of mild neutral cleaner added to a bowl of warm water. For the best cleaning results, gently use a small brush or a paintbrush.
- – You can also use an ultrasound device if you have one (please note the instructions for your ultrasound device).
To clean our items of jewellery (also two-tone items of jewellery), you can use standard commercial silver dipping baths or silver cleaning cloths. No silver cutlery dipping baths and no gold jewellery dipping baths must be used. Immerse the jewellery for a maximum of 5 minutes. Then thoroughly rinse the jewellery with warm water and rub it dry with a cloth. Blow dry it if possible.
TRACES OF WEAR AND TEAR ON POLISHED SILVER AND GOLD PLATED SURFACES
All familienbande silver pieces are crafted using 925 sterling silver and gold pieces are plated using 18 carat yellow or rose gold.
Please note that traces of wear and tear (e.g. scratches) are more visible on items which have larger polished silver or gold surfaces as on other items. These can occur even after a short time.
External influences like scratches and tarnishing are normal signs of wear and tear and are no material faults!
Store your silver jewellery in a clean, dry place away from direct sun exposure. Please avoid storing your jewellery in damp and hot conditions as this can cause silver and gold plating to discolour and tarnish.
It is advisable to remove all jewellery when partaking in any physical or labour intensive activities. For this same reason, it is also advisable not to wear jewellery when asleep at night.
Skin and hair products such as body lotions, perfumes and creams can react adversely with jewellery causing precious metals to tarnish and/or erode. It is advisable to apply any cosmetic products in advance of putting on jewellery.
You can refresh the shine of your jewellery piece by polishing the item with a silver/gold cleaning cloth.
Furthermore we offer a professional reconditioning service at our workshop. Please note that it can´t be avoided that in process of reconditioning a silver abrasion will occur.
A result of this is that existing engravings could become weaker.